We have compiled a list of all the things you need to know about fitness trackers from what is a fitness tracker? To how a fitness tracker works? Which design of fitness tracker to buy? and we are sure you would be satisfied all the information we provide.
What is Fitness Tracker?
Fitness Trackers are an excellent way to monitor all your health activity with absolute accuracy. A fitness tracker is a wrist-worn device which is capable of detecting running distance, walking steps, sleep patterns, heart rate and swimming laps. The fitness tracking bands work via Bluetooth with the app installed on your devices which then configures the device, and downloads all of the user’s activity and data.
Even some of the smartwatches today come with fitness tracking abilities, which work with the health apps, but fitness trackers are designed especially to give you all the health details you could require.
How it works?
Fitness Trackers can measure motion with its 3-axis accelerometer which helps track movement in all directions, and apart from the accelerometer, it can measure rotation and orientation from gyroscope too. All the data the fitness tracker collects is later converted into activity and steps, and those steps and activities are then converted to sleep quality, calories, and other fitness stats, most of them give accurate information but it is simply just guesswork as well.
With the altimeter present on the fitness tracker it can detect and measure the altitude, which is excellent for hikers going on hilly areas, and how many stairs one has climbed and gone down during the day.
All the information is collected to create an overall result, if a fitness trackers come with plenty of sensors it can detect more accurate data from measuring frequencies, duration, intensity, acceleration to the pattern of one’s movements, all this information can help the person to track his health, fitness, and food intake accurately. Trackers like Fitbit can track your skin and measure pulse through its optical sensors, whereas some trackers have temperature sensors and bioimpedance sensors that can check the resistance of one’s skin through its electric current.
What Your Fitness Tracker Knows About Your Health
Fitness Trackers have the ability to tell a lot about your health with their tracking sensors and the end results. Some of the things it can tell about your health might surprise you. Here are a few things a fitness tracker can tell about your health.
- It can let you know if you are pregnant – Yes, it might not be able to see inside the womb but with the woman’s resting heart rate which was increased as the blood has to be pumped to the uterus. it can be determined that the woman is pregnant.
- It can help you in losing weight – Most of the fitness trackers are made especially for targeting weight loss. If you are trying to lose weight then the best thing to know is what you are eating, how much you are walking, how much you are sleeping and so on
- Fitness Trackers can tell you if your health is bad – If your heart rate isn’t normal, it can be easily determined that your health is bad, which could be a serious health risk. If you know your heartbeat is uneven then you could take precautions and get checked instantly, and keep yourself from a heart stroke.
Why You Should Buy An Accurate Fitness Tracker:
Most phones today come with built-in fitness trackers that can check your pulse, and also count steps. But a new study suggested that iPhone can miss up to 1,400 steps you take each day, which can be drastically bad if you are trying to keep up with your fitness and walking distance, whereas fitness trackers can detect every step you take more efficiently.
It does not mean that all fitness trackers are perfect compared to the ones installed in smartphones as every fitness tracker follows a separate set of algorithms to determine all the health-related stats. Which is why you should be investing in the best and most accurate fitness tracker if you are looking for close to 100% results.
Accurate fitness tracker can give you accurate detail, whether you are burning exact calories compared to your speed, temperature, and distance; and whether your heartbeat compares to that of your walking speed, it can help get you in shape and better health. So even if you have to invest more in buying a fitness tracker this 2018 then you definitely should.
How To Choose The Best Fitness Tracker
Fitness trackers come in a wide variety, from different tracking sensors to battery life, designs, and several other important features to choose from. And deciding which one to get can be a tough task as sometimes you just need a fitness tracker for one purpose or several others.
If you know these things when choosing the right fitness tracker can become an easy task and make your life a lot easier. So here are a few tips to consider when looking to buy the best fitness tracker from waterproof, GPS, built-in heart rate monitors to many other things.
- The Design is one of the most important parts of choosing a fitness tracker as most fitness trackers are simply just wristbands, then there are also dongles that can clip to your shirt. These days most fitness trackers come with a screen and even work as smartwatches.
- WaterProof: If you are a swimmer or you like working out around water then going waterproof can be the best decision you make. There are several fitness trackers with waterproof capabilities
- Heart-Rate Tech: Heart Rate Tracking is the most common feature found in fitness trackers today, which provides you nearly 100% accuracy in counting your pulse, calorie burning etc
- Mobile App: Most of the fitness trackers come with a mobile app that can be installed on your smartphones easily and shows all the collected data in stats on the app. When buying a fitness tracker make sure the tracker supports your device, whether its Android or IOS.
- Battery : Make sure you get the fitness tracker that promises good battery life as you do not want your battery dying out every time you are about to go on a run or keep a count of your heart rate. Most of the trackers come with long battery life that can last up to at least four or five days, and you do not have to go through the trouble of charging it every single day so make sure it comes with good reviews about the battery life.
The Best Fitness Trackers You Can Buy in 2018
Choosing which fitness tracker to buy can be a hard decision. 2018 has been a great year for new fitness trackers and we think you should definitely check out our list of best fitness trackers to buy this 2018:
- Moov Now
- tomTom Spark 3
- Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro
- Huawei Band 2 Pro
- Fitbit Flex 2
- Garmin Vívofit 3
- Fitbit Zip
- Polar M430
- Fitbit Blaze
One thing’s for sure though, that fitness trackers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and they would keep on helping us achieve better health as more and more innovations are being made each day to make them better and more efficient. Fitness Trackers have changed the way we look after our health and fitness.
We hope you liked the information we provided regarding Fitness trackers. If you have any other information to share regarding fitness trackers then do let us know in the comments below as your feedback is always appreciated at GadgetRanks.